Theme: Nurses and Midwives responding to global agenda on sustainable development goals and universal health coverage.
1.Quality and affordability of Maternal, New-born and Child Health Services
2.Increasing access to Health Care including GBV services and SRHR among the Youth
3.Nursing and Midwifery Workforce Development to achieve HRH2030 Agenda
4.Innovations in preparing competent, skilled and motivated Nurses & Midwives
5.Nursing and Midwifery workforce preparedness to respond to Global Calls, Challenges and/or Disasters
6.Prioritizing Communicable and NCDs including Mental Health and Nutrition
CALL FOR PARTICIPATION
Get Involved. Participate
VENUE: Safari Park Hotel, Nairobi, Kenya
Dates: 3rd – 07th September 2018
Submit Abstracts: www.ecsacon.org
The East, Central and Southern Africa College of Nursing (ECSACON) and Partners welcome the submission of abstracts for free communication at the 13th scientific conference of ECSACON to be held in Kenya in September 2018. There will be oral and poster presentations in the following thematic areas:
- Quality and affordability of Maternal, New-born and Child Health Services
- Increasing access to Health Care including GBV services and SRHR among the Youth
- Nursing and Midwifery Workforce Development to achieve HRH2030 Agenda
- Innovations in preparing competent, skilled and motivated Nurses & Midwives
- Nursing and Midwifery workforce preparedness to respond to Global Calls, Challenges and/or Disasters
- Prioritizing Communicable and NCDs including Mental Health and Nutrition
- Deadline: The deadline for submissions has been extended to 28th February 2018 at 4:00pm East African Time.
- Submission Limit: There are no restrictions on the number of submissions you may submit, but a person may only be designated as presenter on a maximum of two submissions.
- Language: Abstracts must be submitted in English.
- Word Limit: The entire document should not exceed 300 words
- Notification: Presenting authors will be notified whether their abstracts are accepted by the 30th of March, 2018 together with further details and instructions for oral and poster presentation.
- Registration: Authors whose abstracts have been accepted must register for the Conference and pay the registration fees by 30th of April 2018. Failure to do so may result in exclusion from the program.
- Presenter: Only one presenter is allowed for each presentation.
- Abstracts submitted elsewhere: Abstracts submitted to other international meetings must not be submitted.
- Abstract format must follow the template attached below (see attachment)
- Sub-theme should be indicated at the top of the template
- Title: The title should be entered in Title Case. Do not put your title in quotation marks.
- List of Authors: List the author(s) full name(s).
- Institutions/Affiliations: Enter names and institutional affiliations for all author(s) in the order they should appear.
- Font and Format: All abstracts to be in Times Roman font size 12, and in MS Word format template attached (Do not save in PDF format).
- Body: Abstract body is divided into the following sections:
- Background &Objectives – state concisely why the study or project/program was conducted.
- Methods – indicate the location, number, type of participants, and material being studied, design of the study, the type of intervention or test(s) performed and the types of analyses as appropriate.
- Results – the main findings and results should be reported; where appropriate, the results should be supported by statistical analysis where used.
- Conclusions – state the main conclusions of the study, the significance of the results and how the results may affect client management, or our understanding of the situation.
- Contacts of corresponding author: Provide his/her full name, email address and a cell phone number.
- Content: Allocation to oral or poster presentation will depend on completeness and quality of the study.
- Presentation Type and Category: Indicate your preferred presentation type and category for your submission.
- Presentation at Conference: The time allocated for each oral presentation will be 10 minutes. There will be 5 additional minutes for questions and discussion.
- Completing Your Submission: You must complete all the required sections in the Abstract Template below or your abstract will not be accepted for consideration.
- Proofread: Carefully proofread your work before submitting. Make sure all formatting is properly done and instructions followed.
- When all required information is entered, attach and email the abstract to email@example.com
- Notifications: Acknowledgement letters will be emailed to you not later than 30th April 2018. If you do not receive your notification by then, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Technical Support: If you have technical questions or any question about submitting your abstract, please email:
Elizabeth Oywer: email@example.com
Technical Support is available Monday-Friday from 10:00 AM to 04:00 PM
More information on the Conference please visit the contact tab
ECSACON Contact Details:
East, Central and Southern Africa Health Community
Plot 157 Oloirien, Njiro Road
P. O. Box 1009
Tel + 255 27 254 9362; 254 9365/6