Following the elections conducted during the 5th Quadrennial General Meeting held in Harare Zimbabwe from 4-5 September 2014, the following were elected for the ECSACON office for the period of four years from 2014-2018.
|1.||Ms. Susan Otieno||Presidentfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|2.||Mr. Gustav Moyo||Vice Presidentemail@example.com|
|3.||Ms. Dolorence Wakida||Chairperson Faculty of Educationfirstname.lastname@example.org|
|4.||Dr. Cynthia Chaibva||Chairperson Faculty of Researchemail@example.com firstname.lastname@example.org|
|5.||Ms. Marilyn Msibi||Chairperson Faculty of Leadership & Managementemail@example.com|
|6.||Ms. Sarah Siyunda||Chairperson Faculty of Clinical Practicefirstname.lastname@example.org|
For further information please visit our governance page
Afya Bora Consortium Fellowship in Global Health Leadership is now accepting applications for the 2015-2016 Fellowship year
There are 20 positions available for health professionals interested in a 12-month fellowship (starting July 2015) in one of our African partner countries (Botswana, Kenya, Tanzania, Uganda).
The purpose of the Afya Bora Fellowship is to provide trainees with a set of practical skills that will prepare you for leadership positions in government, non-government, and academic health institutions in developing countries.
The 12 month training program has 2 components:
· A 9-week Core Curriculum, plus 3 distance learning modules, and
· Two 4.5-month assignments to sites, such as Ministries of Health, NGOs, etc. in partner African countries.
The Afya Bora Consortium is a partnership of 8 academic health centers, four in Africa and four in the United States. The four pairs are:
· University of Nairobi and the University of Washington
· University of Botswana and the University of Pennsylvania
· Makerere University and Johns Hopkins University
· Muhimbili University of Health and Allied Sciences and the University of California, San Francisco
In order to be eligible to apply all applicants MUST meet the following criteria
· Be a citizen of US, Kenya, Botswana, Uganda, or Tanzania
· Meet ONE of the following education requirements
o Medical applicants need to have a M.D. or MBChB with a MMed, MPH or Masters degree in related field.
o Nursing applicants need to have a Masters degree in Nursing, Public Health or a related field (PhD preferred).
o Other Public Health professionals (those without a clinical degree) must have a PhD in Public Health or a related field
Applications are due December 1, 2014.
To APPLY or for more information visit our website at www.afyaboraconsortium.org